Simple Southern Easter Brunch with Ore-Ida

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.

Brunch Display

Nothing says Easter like a cozy family brunch, right? I heart brunch, it might be my most favorite meal. Living in Florida I consider us southerner’s and a good ol’ brunch with a casserole, mason jars and biscuits is just the way we like it. I can recall visits ‘up north’ and people be shocked by southern foods especially casseroles and grits…. two things I can’t eat enough of.

To get you prepped for holiday entertaining I’m sharing a yummy recipe and tips on how to create a simple southern Easter brunch!

OI Brunch frame side

OI Brunch food

So what makes a simple southern Easter brunch? A few must have items are biscuits with jelly, honey and butter, a casserole (there’s a delish recipe listed below), eggs, maple sausage and simple yet cute decor.

Let’s chat decor. Serving orange juice in mason jars is a must. Mason jars are decor in themselves but I’m always up for adding a little something extra to them. I added ribbon and paper egg cutouts to my jars and had my glittey rabbit on display for that extra glitzy punch. Using soft color tones is ideal for stylish Easter entertaining. Add a cute brunch sign and flowers to finish off your display. Remember to keep the focus on your delish food options by keeping the decor minimal.

OI Brunch OJ and Bunny

OI Brunch cheey casserole

OI Brunch condiments

OI Brunch plates and forks

Biscuits and honey has always been a fave of mine. Try it, your mouth will be overjoyed and you’ll start saying things like y’all before you know it. For those who might not be a fan of honey make sure you have jam and butter on standby. Eggs and maple sausage are simple items that will totally be devoured.

OI Brunch biscuits and honey

OI Brunch

walmart shopping view

Simple Southern Easter Brunch with Ore-Ida

This casserole recipe is easy and delish. If you haven’t tried it before you must, make sure to grab Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes in the freezer section next time you make a Walmart visit.

Ingredients: Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes, onion, olive oil and shredded cheese

Recipe: In a large skillet warm a few teaspoons of olive oil. Add in your desired amount of Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes and begin cooking stirring every few minutes. After your potatoes begin to brown add in your diced onions. For 1/2 the bag of Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes I added 1/4 cup of diced onions. Continue mixing your potatoes and onions until they are golden brown. Mix in your shredded cheese (1/2 a cup) and turn the burner off allowing the cheese to melt slowly. Place your casserole on a serving plate and enjoy!

hashbrown casserole recipe

OI Brunch hashbrowns #CollectiveBias

Disclosure: This is a sponsored discussion provided by #CollectiveBias and #Oreldahashbrown, all opinions are my own. I appreciate your support for brands that help make this blog happen.

Facebook Twitter Email

13 Responses to "Simple Southern Easter Brunch with Ore-Ida"

1. Jessica

April 11, 2014 at 1:18 pm

This is so cute and festive! I’m a major lover of hashbrowns and it’s become one of my favorite breakfast foods since pregnant with baby #2. Sounds so good!

2. Carmen

April 11, 2014 at 1:22 pm

Breakfast style casseroles are great for when guests are visiting too. It’s nice to have something prepped and in the fridge so you can enjoy time spent with friends instead of slaving over the stove!

3. sharon garofalow

April 11, 2014 at 1:33 pm

YUM! I love potatoes at brunch. This sounds easy and delicious to make!

4. Tori

April 11, 2014 at 1:49 pm

Oh I am a sucker for hashbrowns (and anything that makes entertaining simple). Great set up!

• Melissa

April 13, 2014 at 11:10 am

Thanks for the love!

5. Kristin A.

April 11, 2014 at 6:32 pm

oh no you didn’t! biscuits and honey are my weakness man! and hash browns. i like mine extra crispy with ketchup on top. but cheese. CHEESE!!! i’m gonna have to try that too.

• Melissa

April 13, 2014 at 11:10 am

Yay, I have a honey and biscuits friend! ;)

6. amy belle isle

April 17, 2014 at 5:47 pm

Well now I want breakfast for dinner. Potato goodness is right any time. Okay, all the time.

7. Summer Davis

April 18, 2014 at 5:58 pm

Your spread is absolutely beautiful! And now that I know you live in the O-Town area, I demand that we meet up next time I’m down there visiting family. Wait. That sounds a little stalkerish. I really just want a photo op with my redheadded dress-loving twin. :) Your casserole looks delish and I might just show up at YOUR Easter celebration since my husband will be working. (kidding) #client

• Melissa

April 20, 2014 at 9:49 am

Um, I’m more than fine with a redheadded dress-loving photo meet up! ;) xo

8. Carrie Harris

April 18, 2014 at 9:46 pm

I’m embarrassed to say that I’ve never put honey on my biscuits…but I will correct this issue very soon!

• Melissa

April 20, 2014 at 9:53 am

Yes, my friend, correct this asap.

9. Jackie Fo

April 21, 2014 at 9:28 pm

I love brunch too…it’s one of my favorite meals….very hard to choose haha! I also love the brunch sign inside the frame, very cute!

Submit a comment