5 Ways to Kick Creative Bloggers Block

5 ways to kick creative bloggers block via A Subtle Revelry

It happens to all of us creatives, bloggers block. We can’t be creative 24/7 without taking a mental time out, or at least I can’t. While recently chatting with some blog friends we all seem to be in the same position and have a slight creative block going on. I use to stress over those uninspired time frames and now I roll with it and keep these 5 ways to kick creative bloggers block in mind.

1. Old magazines.  I keep my favorite magazine on hand for awhile, especially the Holiday issues. Rachel Ray, Flea Market Style and West Elm are a few magazines that inspire new projects.
  2. Spring cleaning. Clean out the craft, baking and misc. supplies closet for fresh ideas with ‘old’ items. When I dive into my craft closet for a clean up I create a random pile of items that just seem to go together. For my recent Woodland Chic shoot for Tiny Prints I pulled goodies from the craft closet then visited their site for coordinating inspiration.
  3. Books and TV. If you’re like me you have a book your reading on the coffee table or a Netflix show you can’t stop watching. Grab ideas from your book or shows to create a unique themed craft or recipe. I created my Doctor Who bow tie cake after re-watching some Matt Smith episodes.
  4. Coffee date. Meeting up with fellow bloggers always gets the creative juices flowing. Like I really need an excuse to visit Starbucks.
  5. Take a time out. Sometimes simply taking a timeout is all that’s needed. An evening with your favorite book, a weekend getaway or even a few days unplugged can be enough to recharge your creativeness.

Facebook Twitter Email

7 Responses to "5 Ways to Kick Creative Bloggers Block"

1. Angel Y.

March 26, 2014 at 8:37 pm

“Coffee date. Meeting up with fellow bloggers always gets the creative juices flowing. Like I really need an excuse to visit Starbucks.” We are definitely the same when it comes to this! I’ll meet anyone at Starbucks just to get away from my blogger’s block. Loving your tips Melissa! I’m on your side of town more often these days so we should definitely meet up sometime!

• Melissa

March 27, 2014 at 8:17 am

haha. We should totally meet up! xo

2. jackie

March 26, 2014 at 9:34 pm

I definitely need these tips some days…I agree that magazines are a great trick to inspire creativity and so is just walking through Michaels or Hobby Lobby!!

• Melissa

March 27, 2014 at 8:18 am

Yes, craft stores are great too! I try to limit my Hobby Lobby visits because I want to buy everything. ;)

3. Pingback: Blogging 101: April Tips Roundup | Studio 404

4. Jennifer Coyle

April 22, 2014 at 3:56 pm

I can’t agree with you more on taking a break. This means not just stepping away from your computer, but also unplugging and completely changing your mindset for a night or a couple of consecutive days. Only then can we start to re-frame things in a more creative way and then come back refreshed and ready to go.
    Great post, found you via Studio 404′s roundup!

• Melissa

April 23, 2014 at 8:47 am

You are SO right, unplugging and completely changing your mindset is truly needed some times! Thanks for stopping by, glad our sweet friend at Studio 404 sent you my way! xo

Submit a comment